A photo showing two of a set of bespoke flower stands we’ve made this week. This idea is that the central column will be filled with oasis and the display will work outwards from there. There are two candelabra platforms holding a total of 14 candle dishes; I can imagine these looking pretty spectacular when decorated. We put a lot of work in to them though and it almost seems a shame that the steel frame will be hidden!
Our customer had a pretty clear idea of what they were after, so we just needed to create a functioning final design for the stands and then make a prototype, which we did a few weeks ago. They loved the look of this first stand, and the only issue with it was the weight, as once it’s full of soaked oasis it will be very heavy. So in order to reduce this, we’ve cut the base from thinner steel, and cut holes in the platforms to try and save a little bit more as it all adds up. These still weigh a fair bit but are considerably lighter than the prototype so should be much easier to work with. Look forward to seeing photos of them decorated!